- Prinsloo, M.. 2013. Literacy in Community Settings. In The Encyclopaedia of Applied Linguistics, Carol Chapelle (ed.). Oxford: Blackwell.
- Prinsloo, M. 2012. What counts as English? In B. Street and C. Leung (eds) English - A changing Medium for Education. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters, 22-40.
- Prinsloo, M. and Rowsell, J. 2012. Digital literacies as placed resources in the globalised periphery, Language and Education, 26:4, 271-277.
- Prinsloo, M. 2011. Literacy and land at the Bay of Natal: Documents and practices across spaces and social economies. In Written culture in a Colonial Context: Africa and the Americas, 1500-1900, A. Delmas and N. Penn (eds.) Cape Town: UCT Press, 247-266.
- Prinsloo, M. 2009. Thinking loacally, acting globally: The new literacies as placed resources. In Literacy, new technologies & education: Aspects of the local and global, D. Koutsogiannis and M. Arapapoulou (eds.) Thessaloniki: Ziti publications, 181-206.
- Baynham, M. and Prinsloo, M. 2009. Introduction: the future of literacy studies. In The Future of Literacy Studies, M. Baynham and M. Prinsloo (eds.) Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 1-20.
- Prinsloo, M. and Walton, M. 2008. Situated responses to the digital literacies of electronic communication in marginal school settings. In Yearbook 2008: Youth and Media,Vol. 2. N. Pecora, E. Osei-Hwere and U.Carlsson (eds). Stockholm: International Clearinghouse on Children, Youth and Media, 101-118.
- Prinsloo, M. and Baynham, M. 2008. Renewing literacy studies. In Literacies, Global and Local, M. Prinsloo, and M. Baynham, (eds). Amsterdam: John Benjamins, 1-16.
- Prinsloo, M. 2008. Children’s games as local semiotic play: An ethnographic account. In Literacies, Global and Local, M. Prinsloo, and M. Baynham, (eds). Amsterdam: John Benjamins, 117-136.
- Thinking strategies in education: The political limits of Paulo Freire's perspective.
These documents are in PDF format, and can be read using Adobe Reader.